Open as PDF
Rear Tail, Stop, Turn Signal, and Backup Lamp
1. Remove the two inboard screws attaching the tail light
housing to the body. DO NOT REMOVE THE OUTER
SCREWS AT ANY TIME.
2. Separate the housing from the body by pushing the
lamp inboard while pulling the lamp away from the
3. Rotate the appropriate socket 1/4 turn counterclock-
wise, then remove it from the housing.
4. Pull the bulb straight from the socket to replace.
Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
The stop lamp is mounted on a bracket that extends
upward from the tailgate behind the spare tire. If service
is needed, obtain the LED/Cover Assembly from your
local authorized dealer.
1. Remove the spare tire.
2. Remove the four screws holding the lens/cover in
place on the spare tire carrier.
3. Disconnect the wire harness from the back of the LED
500 MAINTAINING YOUR VEHICLE