Open as PDF
Never leave children alone in a vehicle. Leaving
unattended children in a vehicle is dangerous for a
number of reasons. A child or others could be
seriously or fatally injured. Do not leave the key in
the ignition. A child could operate power win-
dows, other controls, or move the vehicle.
Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with
power door locks if:
1. The “Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit” feature is
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h).
3. The transmission shift lever is in NEUTRAL or PARK.
4. The driver door is opened.
5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit Programming
The “Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit” feature can be
enabled or disabled as follows:
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON and
then back to LOCK four times ending up in the LOCK
3. Press the power door unlock switch to unlock the
4. A single chime will indicate the completion of the
5. Repeat these steps if you want to return this feature to
its previous setting.
32 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE