Open as PDF
1. Remove the spare tire, jack and tools from the stored
2. Loosen (but do not remove) the wheel lug nuts by
turning them to the left one turn while the wheel is still
on the ground.
3. Assemble the jack and jacking tools. Connect the jack
handle driver to the extension, then to the lug wrench.
4. Operate the jack from the front or the rear of the
vehicle. Place the jack under the axle tube, as shown. Do
not raise the vehicle until you are sure the jack is fully
5. Raise the vehicle by turning the jack screw to the right.
Raise the vehicle only until the tire just clears the surface
and enough clearance is obtained to install the spare tire.
Minimum tire lift provides maximum stability.
Jack Warning Label
1 — Rear Jacking Location 2 — Front Jacking Location
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES 445