Open as PDF
The right-side power outlet is powered directly from the
battery (power available at all times). Items plugged into
this power outlet may discharge the battery and/or
prevent the engine from starting.
To avoid serious injury or death:
Only devices designed for use in this type of
outlet should be inserted into any 12 Volt outlet.
Do not touch with wet hands.
Close the lid when not in use and while driving
If this outlet is mishandled, it may cause an
electric shock and failure.
Many accessories that can be plugged in draw
power from the vehicle’s battery, even when not in
use (i.e., cellular phones, etc.). Eventually, if
plugged in long enough, the vehicle’s battery will
discharge sufficiently to degrade battery life
and/or prevent the engine from starting.
Accessories that draw higher power (i.e., coolers,
vacuum cleaners, lights, etc.), will degrade the
battery even more quickly. Only use these inter-
mittently and with greater caution.
After the use of high-power draw accessories, or
long periods of the vehicle not being started (with
accessories still plugged in), the vehicle must be
driven a sufficient length of time to allow the
alternator to recharge the vehicle’s battery.
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE 151