Open as PDF
7. Release the brake pedal and ensure that there is no
8. Turn the engine off and turn the ignition switch to the
9. Shift the automatic transmission into PARK.
10. Apply the parking brake.
11. Attach the vehicle to the tow vehicle with the tow bar.
12. Release the parking brake.
13. Disconnect the negative battery cable, and secure it
away from the negative battery post.
Damage to the transmission may occur if the trans-
mission is shifted into PARK with the transfer case in
N (Neutral) and the engine running. With the trans-
fer case in N (Neutral) ensure that the engine is off
prior to shifting the transmission into PARK (refer to
Shifting Out of Neutral (N)
Use the following procedure to prepare your vehicle for
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Shift the automatic transmission into NEUTRAL or
press the clutch pedal on a manual transmission.
STARTING AND OPERATING 437