Open as PDF
The battery is stored under an access cover in
the trunk. Remote battery terminals are located in the
engine compartment for jump-starting.
1. Wear eye protection and remove any metal jewelry
such as watchbands or bracelets that might make an
inadvertent electrical contact.
2. When boost is provided by a battery in another
vehicle, park that vehicle within booster cable reach, but
do not allow the vehicles to touch one another.
Do not permit vehicles to touch each other as this
could establish a ground connection and personal
injury could result.
3. Set the parking brake, place the automatic transmis-
sion in PARK, and turn the ignition switch to the OFF (or
LOCK) position on both vehicles.
4. Turn off the heater, radio, and all unnecessary electri-
5. Connect one end of the jumper cable to the remote
jump-start positive battery post (+) in the engine com-
partment. Connect the other end of the same cable to the
positive terminal of the booster battery. Refer to the
following illustration for jump-starting connections.
6. Connect the other cable, first to the negative terminal
of the booster battery and then to the engine ground (-)
of the vehicle with the discharged battery. Make sure
you have a good contact on the engine ground. Refer to
the following illustration for jump-starting connections.
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES 263