Open as PDF
Overloading of your tires is dangerous. Overloading
can cause tire failure, affect vehicle handling, and
increase your stopping distance. Use tires of the
recommended load capacity for your vehicle. Never
TIRES — GENERAL INFORMATION
Proper tire inflation pressure is essential to the safe and
satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Three primary
areas are affected by improper tire pressure:
• Improperly inflated tires are dangerous and can
• Under inflation increases tire flexing and can
result in tire failure.
• Over inflation reduces a tire’s ability to cushion
shock. Objects on the road and chuckholes can cause
damage that result in tire failure.
• Unequal tire pressures can cause steering prob-
lems. You could lose control of your vehicle.
• Over inflated or under inflated tires can affect
vehicle handling and can fail suddenly, resulting in
loss of vehicle control.
• Unequal tire pressures from one side of the vehicle
to the other can cause the vehicle to drift to the right
• Always drive with each tire inflated to the recom-
mended cold tire inflation pressure.
STARTING AND OPERATING 229