Open as PDF
Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with
power door locks if:
1. The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature is en-
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h).
3. The transmission is in NEUTRAL or PARK.
4. The driver door is opened.
5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
Automatic Unlock Doors on Exit Programming
The Automatic Unlock Doors On Exit feature can be
enabled or disabled. For details, refer to “Unlock Doors
Automatically on Exit, ” under “Personal Settings (Cus-
tomer Programmable Features),” under “Electronic Ve-
hicle Information Center (EVIC)” in Section 4 of this
Child Protection Door Lock
To provide a safer environment for small children riding
in the rear seats, the rear doors are equipped with a child
protection door lock system.
To Engage the Child Protection Door Lock
1. Open the rear door.
2. Insert the tip of the vehicle’s ignition key or alike into
the child lock control and pull it upward.
Child Lock Control
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 23