Open as PDF
If the vehicle is towed with the front axle raised, the
engine must be shut off (key in the ignition switch to
the OFF/LOCK or ACC position). Otherwise the ESP
will immediately be engaged and will apply the rear
If the power supply was interrupted (battery discon-
nected or discharged), the BAS/ESP malfunction indica-
tor light may be illuminated with the engine running. To
re-synchronize the ESP, and cancel the malfunction indi-
cator light, the steering angle sensor will need to be
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position.
2. Rotate the steering wheel to the center position.
3. Rotate the steering wheel completely to the left, and
then rotate the steering wheel completely to the right.
4. Bring the steering wheel back to the center position.
5. The BAS/ESP malfunction indicator light will go out.
If the BAS/ESP malfunction indicator light is still illumi-
nated, the vehicle should be serviced at an authorized
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE 93