Open as PDF
3. When the belt is long enough to fit, insert the latch
plate into the buckle until you hear a “click.”
4. Position the lap belt across your thighs, below your
abdomen. To remove slack in the lap belt portion, pull up
a little on the shoulder belt, as shown.
5. To loosen the lap belt if it is too tight, tilt the latch plate
away from you and pull on the lap belt. Remember that
a snug belt reduces the risk of sliding under the belt in a
6. Position the shoulder belt on your chest so that it is
comfortable and not resting on your neck. The retractor
will withdraw any slack in the belt.
7. To release the belt, push the red button on the buckle.
The belt will automatically retract to its stowed position.
If necessary, slide the latch plate down the webbing to
allow it to retract fully.
26 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE