Open as PDF
Relieving Hydraulic Pressure
The hydraulic pressure must be relieved before
the top can manually be raised or lowered.
1. Turn the ignition to the “ON” position.
2. Push down on the convertible top switch and hold in
3. Turn the ignition “OFF” and continue to push down
on the switch for 5 seconds.
4. After 5 seconds the hydraulic system pressure will be
It is important that a second person assist you to
close the convertible top manually to prevent inju-
1. Lower the windows and open the doors.
2. Turn the ignition key off.
Ensure that the decklid is closed while raising the
convertible top manually to prevent the possibility
of contact between the decklid and the tonneau
Do not place your hands near the convertible top
frame, upper windshield area, or the convertible top
storage compartment while the convertible top is
being raised and locked. Serious personal injury
196 WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES