Open as PDF
3. Turn off the heater, radio and all unnecessary electrical
4. Connect one end of a jumper cable to the positive
jump-start attachment of the booster battery. Connect the
other end of the same cable to the positive jump-start
attachment of the discharged battery.
5. Connect the other cable, first to the negative jump-
start attachment of the booster battery and then to the
engine of the vehicle with the discharged battery. Make
sure you have good contact on the engine.
6. Start the engine in the vehicle which has the booster
battery, let the engine idle a few minutes, then start the
engine in the vehicle with the discharged battery.
7. When removing the jumper cables, reverse the above
sequence exactly. Be careful of the moving belts and fans.
If engine does not run after several unsuccessful
starting attempts, have it checked at the nearest autho-
DRIVING ON SLIPPERY SURFACES
Rapid acceleration on slippery surfaces is danger-
ous. You could lose control of the vehicle and possi-
bly have an accident. Accelerate slowly and carefully
whenever there is likely to be poor traction (ice,
snow, rain, mud, loose sand, etc.).
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES 189