Open as PDF
This feature will not operate if there is any manual
operation of the power door locks (Lock or Unlock). If
desired, the “Auto Unlock On Exit?” feature can be
turned on or off by using the following procedure:
On electronic vehicle information center (EVIC)
equipped vehicles refer to “Auto Unlock On Exit?”
under “Use Factory Settings?” in the EVIC section of
On non EVIC - equipped vehicles perform the follow-
Auto Unlock On Exit Programming
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (fastening the seat belt will cancel
any chimes that may be confusing during this program-
3. Insert the key into the ignition.
4. Within 15 seconds, cycle the key from the LOCK
position to the ON/RUN position a minimum of four
times ending in the LOCK position (do not start the
5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch
in the UNLOCK direction.
6. A single chime will sound to indicate the feature has
7. Repeat the above steps to alternate the availability of
8. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled
before the feature could be changed. If necessary repeat
the above procedure.
NOTE: Use the Auto Door Locks and Auto Unlock
features in accordance with local laws.
30 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE