Open as PDF
When driving on wet or slushy roads, it is possible for a
wedge of water to build up between the tire and road
surface. This is known as hydroplaning and may cause
partial or complete loss of vehicle control and stopping
ability. To reduce this possibility, the following precau-
tions should be observed:
1. Slow down during rainstorms or when roads are
2. Slow down if road has standing water or puddles.
3. Replace tires when tread wear indicators first become
4. Keep tires properly inflated.
5. Maintain sufficient distance between your vehicle and
the vehicle in front to avoid a collision in a sudden stop.
TIRE SAFETY INFORMATION
P (Passenger)-Metric tire sizing is based on U.S. design
standards. P-Metric tires have the letter “P” molded
into the sidewall preceding the size designation. Ex-
ample: P215/65R15 95H.
288 STARTING AND OPERATING