Open as PDF
Overloading of your tires is dangerous. Overloading
can cause tire failure, affect vehicle handling, and
increase your stopping distance. Use tires of the
recommended load capacity for your vehicle. Never
TIRES — GENERAL INFORMATION
Proper tire inflation pressure is essential to the safe and
satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Three primary
areas are affected by improper tire pressure:
• Improperly inflated tires are dangerous and can cause
• Under inflation increases tire flexing and can result in
• Over inflation reduces a tire’s ability to cushion shock.
Objects on the road and chuckholes can cause damage
that result in tire failure.
• Unequal tire pressures can cause steering problems.
You could lose control of your vehicle.
• Over inflated or under inflated tires can affect vehicle
handling and can fail suddenly, resulting in loss of
• Unequal tire pressures from one side of the vehicle to
the other can cause the vehicle to drift to the right or left.
• Always drive with each tire inflated to the recom-
mended cold tire inflation pressure.
STARTING AND OPERATING 297