Open as PDF
If desired, the “Auto Door Locks?” feature can be turned
on or off by using the following procedure:
On electronic vehicle information center (EVIC)
equipped vehicles refer to “Auto Door Locks?” under
“Use Factory Settings?” in the EVIC section of this
On non EVIC - equipped vehicles perform the follow-
Auto Door Locks Programming
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (Fastening the seat belt will
cancel any chiming that may confuse you during this
3. Place the key into the ignition.
4. Within 15 seconds cycle the key from the LOCK
position to the ON/RUN position a minimum of four
times; ending in the LOCK position (Do not start the
5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch
in the LOCK direction.
6. A single chime will be heard to indicate the feature has
7. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.
8. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled
before the feature could be disabled. If necessary, repeat
the above procedure.
Auto Unlock On Exit — If Equipped
This feature unlocks all of the doors of the vehicle when
any door is opened. This will occur only after the vehicle
has been driven (shifted out of Park with all doors
closed) and then shifted back into the Park position.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 29