Open as PDF
1. Remove the spare wheel, scissors jack and jack-handle
2. Carefully pry off the wheel center cap if equipped,
using the tip of the jack handle.
3. Loosen (but do not remove) the wheel lug nuts by
turning them to the left one turn while the wheel is still
on the ground.
NOTE: Do not oil wheel studs. For chrome wheels, do
not substitute with chrome plated wheel nuts.
4. There are two jack engagement locations on each side
of the body — refer to the following illustration.
5. These locations are on the sill flange on the underside
of the body. The jack is to be located, engaging the
flanges, 20 cm (8 inches) inward from the edge of the
wheel opening closest to the wheel to be changed. Place
the wrench on the jack screw and turn to the right until
the jack head is properly engaged in the described
Jack Engagement Locations
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES 351