Open as PDF
3. When the belt is long enough to fit, insert the latch
plate into the buckle until you hear a “click”.
• A belt that is buckled into the wrong buckle will not
protect you properly. The lap portion could ride too high
on your body, possibly causing internal injuries. Always
buckle your belt into the buckle nearest you.
• A belt that is too loose will not protect you as well. In a
sudden stop you could move too far forward, increasing
the possibility of injury. Wear your seat belt snugly.
• A belt that is worn under your arm is very dangerous.
Your body could strike the inside surfaces of the vehicle
in a collision, increasing head and neck injury. A belt
worn under the arm can cause internal injuries. Ribs
aren’t as strong as shoulder bones. Wear the belt over
your shoulder so that your strongest bones will take the
force in a collision.
• A shoulder belt placed behind you will not protect you
from injury during a collision. You are more likely to hit
your head in a collision if you do not wear your shoulder
belt. The lap and shoulder belt are meant to be used
Latch Plate To Buckle
44 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE