Open as PDF
If the ignition switch is cycled, this sequence will repeat,
providing the system fault still exists. If the system fault
no longer exists, the “Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale
Light” will no longer flash, the ЉCHECK TPM SYSTEMЉ
text message will not be present, and a pressure value
will be displayed instead of dashes. A system fault can
occur by any of the following scenarios:
1. Jamming due to electronic devices or driving next to
facilities emitting the same Radio Frequencies as the TPM
2. Installing some form of aftermarket window tinting
that affects radio wave signals.
3. Lots of snow or ice around the wheels or wheel
4. Using tire chains on the vehicle.
5. Using wheels/tires not equipped with TPM sensors.
In addition, the “Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light”
will turn OFF and the graphic in the EVIC will display a
new pressure value instead of dashes (- -), as long as no
tire pressure is below the low-pressure warning limit in
any of the four active road tires. The vehicle may need to
be driven for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph (24 km/h)
in order for the TPMS to receive this information.
STARTING AND OPERATING 281