Open as PDF
3. Using a flat blade screwdriver, carefully remove the
shift lock manual override cover which is located on the
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using the screwdriver, reach into the manual override
opening. Press and hold the shift lock lever down.
6. Move the shift lever into the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
Have your vehicle inspected by your local authorized
dealer, if the shift lock manual override has been used.
Five–Speed Automatic Transmission
The electronically controlled transmission provides a
precise shift schedule. The transmission electronics are
self-calibrating; therefore, the first few shifts on a new
vehicle, may be somewhat abrupt. This is a normal
condition, and precision shifts will develop within a few
Interlock Manual Override
242 STARTING AND OPERATING