Chrysler 2005 Town and Country Automobile User Manual

An out-of-tune engine, or certain fuel or ignition
malfunctions, can cause the catalytic converter to
overheat. If you notice a pungent burning odor or
some light smoke, your engine may be out of tune or
malfunctioning and may require immediate service.
Contact your dealer for service assistance.
The use of fuel additives which are now being sold as
octane enhancers is not recommended. Most of these
products contain high concentrations of methanol.
Fuel system damage or vehicle performance problems
resulting from the use of such fuels or additives is not
the responsibility of the manufacturer.
NOTE: Intentional tampering with emissions control
systems can result in civil penalties being assessed
against you.
Carbon Monoxide Warnings
Carbon monoxide (CO) in exhaust gases is deadly.
Follow the precautions below to prevent carbon
monoxide poisoning:
Do not inhale exhaust gases. They contain carbon
monoxide, a colorless and odorless gas which can kill.
Never run the engine in a closed area, such as a
garage, and never sit in a parked vehicle with the
engine running for an extended period. If the vehicle is
stopped in an open area with the engine running for
more than a short period, adjust the ventilation system
to force fresh, outside air into the vehicle.