Open as PDF
locks will not operate. This prevents you from acciden-
tally locking your keys in the vehicle. Removing the key
or closing the door will allow the locks to operate. A
chime will sound if the key is in the ignition switch and
a door is open, as a reminder to remove the key.
If you press the power door lock switch while the sliding
door is open, the sliding door will lock.
Auto Door Locks — If Equipped
The doors will lock automatically on vehicles with power
door locks if:
1. The transmission is in gear,
2. all doors are closed,
3. the vehicle speed is above 18 mph (29 km/h) and
4. the doors were not previously locked using the power
door lock switch or remote keyless entry transmitter.
The Automatic Door Locks can be enabled or disabled by
performing the following procedure:
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition
2. Cycle the ignition switch ON/OFF four times ending
in the OFF position. (do not start the engine)
3. Within 10 seconds of the final cycle, press the interior
driver’s door lock switch to the LOCK position.
4. A single chime will sound to signify that you have
successfully completed the programming.
You can turn the feature back on by repeating the above
mentioned procedure or by performing the procedure in
the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Cus-
tomer Programmable Features section on vehicles so
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 19