Open as PDF
3. Fill the radiator with the proper DEX-COOL
coolant mixture, up to the base of the filler neck.
(See “Engine Coolant” in the Index for more
information about the proper coolant mixture.)
4. Then fill the coolant recovery tank to the FULL
5. Put the cap back on the coolant recovery tank, but
leave the radiator pressure cap off.
6. Start the engine and let it run until you can feel the
upper radiator hose getting hot. Watch out for the
engine cooling fans.
7. By this time, the coolant level inside the radiator
filler neck may be lower. If the level is lower, add
more of the proper DEX
-COOL coolant mixture
through the filler neck until the level reaches the
base of the filler neck.