Open as PDF
Up to eight transmitters can be programmed to your vehicle.
To obtain additional transmitters, contact your authorized
dealer. To program a transmitter (within 23–50 ft/7–15 m of
the vehicle), perform the following procedure:
1. Gather every transmitter that is to be used with the
vehicle including any transmitters that are currently
2. Enter Program Mode: Turn the ignition to the ON
position, and using a currently programmed transmitter;
press and hold the ЉUnlockЉ button on the transmitter.
Continue to hold the “Unlock” button, wait at least four
but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the
PANIC button for at least one second. Release both
3. Program Each Transmitter: All transmitters to be used
with your vehicle must be programmed as follows:
Press and release the ЉLockЉ and ЉUnlockЉ buttons simulta-
neously, followed by a press and release of ANY button on
each transmitter to be programmed. You will hear a chime
when a transmitter has been successfully programmed.
This transmitter complies with FCC rules part 15 and
with RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to
the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference.
2. This device must accept any interference that may be
received, including interference that may cause undes-
If your Remote Keyless Entry fails to operate from a
normal distance, check for these two conditions:
1. Weak batteries in transmitter. The expected life of
batteries is from one to two years
2. Closeness to a radio transmitter such as a radio station
tower, airport transmitter, and some mobile or CB radios.
34 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE