Open as PDF
AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS — IF EQUIPPED
The doors will lock automatically on vehicles with power
door locks if all of the following conditions are met:
1. The Auto Lock feature is enabled.
2. The transmission is in gear.
3. All doors are closed.
4. The throttle is pressed.
5. The vehicle speed is above 15 mph (24 km/h).
6. The doors were not previously locked using the power
door lock switch or remote keyless entry transmitter.
The Automatic Door Lock feature can be enabled or
disabled. Refer to “Personal Settings” (Customer Pro-
grammable Features) in the Electronic Vehicle Informa-
tion Center (EVIC) — if equipped section of this manual
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC the Automatic
Door Locks can be enabled or disabled by performing the
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON and
back to LOCK four times ending up in the LOCK
3. Depress the power door lock switch to lock the doors.
4. A single chime will indicate the completion of the
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with
power door locks if:
1. The Auto Unlock feature is enabled.
2. The transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h).
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE 21