Open as PDF
Overloading of your tires is dangerous. Overloading
can cause tire failure, affect vehicle handling, and
increase your stopping distance. Use tires of the
recommended load capacity for your vehicle. Never
TIRES — GENERAL INFORMATION
Proper tire inflation pressure is essential to the safe and
satisfactory operation of your vehicle. Three primary
areas are affected by improper tire pressure:
• Improperly inflated tires are dangerous and can cause
• Under-inflation increases tire flexing and can result in
• Over-inflation reduces a tire’s ability to cushion
shock. Objects on the road and chuckholes can cause
damage that result in tire failure.
• Unequal tire pressures can cause steering problems.
You could lose control of your vehicle.
• Over-inflated or under-inflated tires can affect vehicle
handling and can fail suddenly, resulting in loss of
• Unequal tire pressures from one side of the vehicle to
the other cancause the vehicleto drift to theright or left.
• Always drive with each tire inflated to the recom-
mended cold tire inflation pressure.
STARTING AND OPERATING 321