Open as PDF
3. The transmission is in NEUTRAL or PARK.
4. The driver door is opened.
5. The doors were not previously unlocked.
6. The vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
The Auto Unlock feature can be enabled or disabled.
Refer to “Personal Settings” (Customer Programmable
Features) in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center
(EVIC) — if equipped section of this manual.
For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC the Auto
Unlock Feature can be enabled or disabled by performing
the following procedure:
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON and
back to LOCK four times ending up in the LOCK
3. Depress the power door unlock switch to unlock the
4. Verify reprogramming by driving the vehicle.
NOTE: Use the Auto Door Locks and Auto Unlock
features in accordance with local laws.
CHILD PROTECTION DOOR LOCK SYSTEM — IF
To provide a safer environment for children riding in the
rear seat, the rear doors have the “child-protection” door
To use the system, open each rear door and move the
control UP to engage. When the system on a door is
engaged, that door can only be opened by using the
outside door handle even if the inside door lock is in the
22 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE