Open as PDF
Oil and Filter Change (800 EFI)
9. Place shop towels beneath the oil
filter. Using an oil filter wrench
(available from your Polaris
dealer), turn the filter counter-
clockwise to remove it.
10. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the
filter sealing surface on the
11. Lubricate the o-ring on the new filter with a film of fresh engine oil.
Check to make sure the o-ring is in good condition.
12. Install the new filter and rotate it clockwise by hand until the filter
gasket contacts the sealing surface, then turn it an additional 1/2
13. Remove the dipstick.
14. Add two quarts (1.9 l) of recommended oil.
15. Place the transmission in PARK.
16. Lock the parking brake.
17. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for one to two minutes.
18. Stop the engine.
19. Check for leaks.
20. Check the oil level. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper
mark on the dipstick.
21. Dispose of used filter and oil properly.