Open as PDF
When driving downhill, follow these precautions:
1. Always move the 4X4 switch to ADC 4X4 before ascending or
descending a hill. See page 47.
2. Always descend a hill with the transmission in forward gear. Do not
descend a hill with the transmission in neutral.
3. Slow down.
4. Proceed directly downhill.
5. Shift body weight uphill.
6. Apply the brakes slightly to aid in slowing.
NOTE: Before operating your ATV, learn how to use the auxiliary brake for
emergency situations (if single-lever brakes become inoperable).
Excessive speed when traveling downhill can cause loss of control and
serious injury or death. Slow down.
Applying the brakes too firmly may cause the rear wheels to lock, which
could result in loss of control and serious injury or death. Apply the brakes