Open as PDF
1. Wear protective riding gear. See page 10.
2. Perform the pre-ride inspection. See page 58.
3. Place the transmission in PARK.
4. Lock the parking brake.
5. Mount the vehicle from the left side.
6. Sit upright with both feet on the footrests and both hands on the
7. Start the engine and allow it to warm up.
8. Shift the transmission into gear.
9. Check your surroundings and determine your path of travel.
10. Release the parking brake.
11. Slowly depress the throttle with your right thumb and begin driving.
12. Drive slowly. Practice maneuvering and using the throttle and
brakes on level surfaces.