Open as PDF
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Lock the parking brake.
3. Place the wheel on the hub with the valve stem toward the outside
and rotation arrows on the tire pointing toward forward rotation.
4. Install the wheel nuts and finger-tighten them.
5. Lower the vehicle to the ground.
6. Torque the wheel nuts to specification.
Wheel Nut Torque Specifications
Check the wheel nut torques occasionally and when they've been loos-
ened for service.
Improperly installed wheels can adversely affect tire wear and vehicle
handling, which can result in serious injury or death. Always ensure that all
nuts are torqued to specification. Do not service axle nuts that have a cotter
pin installed. See your Polaris dealer.
Nut Type Nut Torque
Lug Nut 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm)
2-Piece Flange Nut 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm)
Cast Aluminum Steel
90 ft. lbs.
27 ft. lbs.