Open as PDF
Oil Level (500 EFI)
Access the oil dipstick and fill tube
from the left side of the ATV.
NOTE: A rising oil level between
checks in cool weather driving
can indicate contaminants
such as gas or moisture col-
lecting in the crankcase. If the
oil level is over the full/safe
mark, change the oil immedi-
1. Position the vehicle on a level
2. Start the engine. Allow it to idle
for 20-30 seconds. Stop the
3. Remove the dipstick. Wipe it
dry with a clean cloth.
4. Reinstall the dipstick
5. Remove the dipstick and check
the oil level. Maintain the oil
level in the safe range. Do not
6. Reinstall the dipstick securely.