Open as PDF
• Never operate an ATV without wearing an approved helmet that fits
properly. Always wear eye protection (goggles or face shield), gloves,
boots, a long-sleeved shirt or jacket, and long pants. A passenger's
helmet should have a rigid chin guard.
• Never consume alcohol or drugs before or while operating an ATV.
• Never operate at excessive speeds. Travel at speeds appropriate for
your skills, your passenger's skills, and operating conditions.
• Never attempt jumps or other stunts.
• Always inspect your ATV before each use to make sure it's in safe
operating condition. Always follow the inspection and maintenance
procedures and schedules outlined in your owner's manual.
• Always travel slowly and use extra caution when operating on unfa-
miliar terrain. Be alert to changing terrain conditions.
• Never operate on excessively rough, slippery, or loose terrain.
• Always follow proper turning procedures as described in this manual.
Practice turning at low speeds before attempting to turn at faster
speeds. Do not turn at excessive speeds.
• Always have the ATV inspected by an authorized Polaris dealer if it's
been involved in an accident.
• Never operate on hills too steep for the ATV or for your abilities.
Practice on smaller hills before attempting larger hills.
• Never operate with the differential unlocked
() while operating on
a hill or other irregular terrain. See pages 37 and 47.
• Always follow proper procedures for climbing hills. Check the terrain
carefully before ascending a hill. Never climb hills with excessively
slippery or loose surfaces. Shift your weight uphill. Never open the
throttle suddenly or make sudden gear changes. Never go over the top
of a hill at high speed. Always move the 4X4 switch to ADC 4X4
before ascending or descending a hill.