Open as PDF
1. If it's impossible to take your ATV to a dealer before starting it, fol-
low the steps outlined below.
2. Move the ATV to dry land or at the very least, to water below the
3. Check the air box. If water is present, dry the air box and replace the
filter with a new filter.
4. Remove the spark plug.
5. Turn the engine over several times using the electric start.
6. Dry the spark plug. Reinstall the plug or install a new plug.
7. Attempt to start the engine. If necessary, repeat the drying proce-
8. Take the ATV to your dealer for service as soon as possible, whether
you succeed in starting it or not.
9. If water has been ingested into the PVT, follow the procedure on
page 116 for drying out the PVT.
If your vehicle becomes immersed, major engine damage can result if the
machine is not thoroughly inspected. Take the vehicle to your dealer before
starting the engine.