Open as PDF
Driving with a Passenger
1. Make sure the passenger is at least 12 years of age and is tall enough
to comfortably reach the footrests and grab handles.
2. Make sure the passenger is wearing appropriate riding gear, includ-
ing an approved helmet with a rigid chin guard. See page 10.
3. Perform the pre-ride
inspection. See page 58.
4. Always make sure the
passenger seat is installed
and securely latched
before operating with a
5. Lock the parking brake.
6. Mount the vehicle from
the left side. After the
operator is seated, the
passenger should mount
the vehicle from the left
side. Always make sure
the brake is engaged to
ensure the vehicle remains motionless whenever a passenger
mounts or dismounts.
7. Allow a passenger to ride only in the approved passenger seat.
8. Do not carry more than one passenger.
9. Slow down. Control may be more difficult with a passenger on
board. Allow more time and distance for braking.