Open as PDF
When To Use Low Range and High Range
There may be some instances when water is accidently ingested into the
PVT system. Use the following instructions to dry it out before operat-
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Remove the drain plug. Allow the water to drain completely. Rein-
stall the drain plug.
3. Start the engine. Place the transmission in PARK.
4. Apply varying throttle for 10-15 seconds to expel the moisture and
air-dry the belt and clutches.
NOTE: Do not hold the throttle wide open for more than 10 seconds.
5. Allow the engine RPM to settle to idle speed, then shift the trans-
mission to the lowest available range.
6. Test for belt slippage. If the belt slips, repeat the process.
7. Take the vehicle to your dealer for service as soon as possible.
Condition Range to Use
Operating at speeds less than 7 MPH (11 km/h) Low
Towing heavy loads Low
Operating in rough terrain (swamps, mountains, etc.) Low
Operating at speeds greater than 7 MPH (11 km/h) High