Open as PDF
Oil and Filter Change (500 EFI)
Always change the oil and filter at the intervals outlined in the Periodic
Maintenance Chart beginning on page 79.
1. Position the vehicle on a level surface.
2. Start the engine. Allow it to idle for two to three minutes.
3. Stop the engine.
4. Clean the area around the drain
5. Place a drain pan under the oil
6. Remove the drain plug. Allow
the oil to drain completely.
7. Install a new sealing washer on
the drain plug.
NOTE: The sealing surfaces on drain
plug and crankcase should be
clean and free of burrs, nicks
8. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque
to 14-17 ft. lbs. (19-23 Nm).
9. Disconnect the lower oil deliv-
ery hose and remove the screen
fitting from the oil tank. Clean
NOTE: The fitting threads must be sealed with LOCTITE PST 505 or PTFE
10. Reinstall the screen fitting and rotate the fitting clockwise a mini-
mum of 2 1/2 turns into the tank threads. Continue to rotate the fit-
ting until the nipple of the fitting aligns with the mark on the tank.
NOTE: Do not over-tighten. Maximum torque for the screen fitting is 25 ft. lbs.
11. Reattach the oil line.
Hot oil can cause serious burns to skin. Do not allow hot oil to contact skin.
New Sealing Washer