Open as PDF
1. Loosen the battery hold-down bolt.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. On conventional batteries, remove the battery vent tube.
4. Disconnect the black (negative) battery cable first.
5. Disconnect the red (positive) battery cable last.
6. Lift the battery out of the ATV. Be careful not to tip a conventional
battery sideways, which could spill electrolyte.
Improperly connecting or disconnecting battery cables can result in an
explosion and cause serious injury or death. When removing the battery,
always disconnect the negative (black) cable first. When reinstalling the
battery, always connect the negative (black) cable last.
If electrolyte spills, immediately wash it off with a solution of one tablespoon
baking soda and one cup water to prevent damage to the vehicle.