Open as PDF
• Not all head restraints in this vehicle are the same.
Head restraints from one seating position should not
be removed and installed in any other seating posi-
tion. In a collision, serious injury or death may result
if the proper head restraint is not installed on each
• The cargo area in the rear of the vehicle should not
be used as a play area by children. They could be
seriously injured in a collision. Children should be
seated and using the proper restraint system.
• It is extremely dangerous to ride in a cargo area,
inside or outside of a vehicle. In a collision, people
riding in these areas are more likely to be seriously
injured or killed.
• Do not allow people to ride in any area of your
vehicle that is not equipped with seats and seat belts.
• Be sure everyone in your vehicle is in a seat and
using a seat belt properly.
For additional cargo space, the second and third row
seatbacks may be folded forward and the load floor
extended to cover the center console.
To extend the load floor, follow these steps:
1. Move the second row seats to the full rear position.
2. Fold the second and third row seatbacks down.
UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE 97