Open as PDF
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with
power door locks if:
1. The Auto Unlock feature is enabled,
2. the transmission was in gear and the vehicle speed
returned to 0 mph (0 km/h),
3. the transmission is in NEUTRAL or PARK,
4. the driver door is opened (excluding liftgate),
5. the doors were not previously unlocked and
6. the vehicle speed is 0 mph (0 km/h).
The Auto Unlock feature can be enabled or disabled by
performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Infor-
mation Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features
NOTE: Use the Auto Door Locks and Auto Unlock
features in accordance with local laws.
Child Protection Door Lock
To provide a safer environment for small children riding
in the rear seats, the rear doors are equipped with a child
protection door lock system.
Avoid trapping anyone in the vehicle in a collision.
Remember that the rear doors can only be opened
from the outside when the child protection locks are
18 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STARTING YOUR VEHICLE