Open as PDF
Passengers should not remain in the vehicle when the
vehicle is being jacked.
1. Remove the spare wheel, scissors jack and jack-handle
2. Carefully pry off the wheel center cap using the tip of
the jack handle.
3. Loosen (but do not remove) the wheel lug nuts by
turning them to the left one turn while the wheel is still
on the ground.
4. There are two jack engagement locations on each side
of the body — see illustration.
5. These locations are on the sill flange on the underside
of the body. The jack is to be located, engaging the
flanges, 20 cm (8 inches) inward from the edge of the
wheel opening closest to the wheel to be changed. Place
the wrench on the jack screw and turn to the right until
the jack head is properly engaged in the described
WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES 255