Open as PDF
Raising the vehicle higher than necessary can make
the vehicle less stable. It could slip off the jack and
hurt someone near it. Raise the vehicle only enough
to remove the tire.
6. Remove lug nuts and tire.
7. Mount spare tire.
8. Tighten all lug nuts on mounting studs.
9. Lower the vehicle to the ground by turning the jack
10. Fully tighten the lug nuts. Torque wheel lug nuts to
100 ft. lbs. (135 N·m).
11. Store the flat tire, jack, and tools.
A loose tire or jack thrown forward in a collision or
hard stop could endanger the occupants of the ve-
hicle. Always stow the jack parts and the spare tire in
the places provided.
12. Wheel cover installation (if required). Do not attempt
to install a wheel cover on a compact spare. align valve
notch in wheel cover with valve stem on wheel. Snap
cover into place.
When reinstalling the center cap it is necessary
to align the center cap notch with the first spoke, just
right of the valve stem.
13. Adjust the tire pressure as soon as possible. Correct
pressure is on the label located on the driver’s door.
192 WHAT TO DO IN EMERGENCIES