Open as PDF
The breather filter is on the hose between the engine and air box.
1. Remove the left side panel.
See page 88.
2. Remove the hose clamps from
the filter and pull the filter out
of the hoses.
3. Inspect the filter for debris.
Blow gently through the filter
in the direction of the arrow to
check for clogging. Replace a
damaged or clogged filter.
4. Check the hoses for cracks, deterioration, abrasion, or leaks.
Replace as needed.
5. Reinstall the filter and hose clamps.
Tip: The filter is effective with the arrow pointing in either direction.
Operation of your vehicle without a breather filter can cause engine damage.