Open as PDF
11. Disconnect the lower oil deliv-
ery hose and remove the screen
fitting from the oil tank. Clean
the fitting. The fitting threads
must be sealed with LOCTITE
PST 505 or PTFE seal tape.
12. Reinstall the screen fitting and
rotate the fitting clockwise a
minimum of 2 1/2 turns into the
tank threads. Continue to rotate
the fitting until the nipple of the
fitting aligns with the mark on the tank.
Tip: Do not over-tighten. Maximum torque for the screen fitting is 34 N-m.
13. Reattach the oil line.
14. Place towels under the oil filter.
Using an oil filter wrench, turn the
filter counter-clockwise to remove it.
15. Clean the filter sealing area on the
16. Lubricate the filter o-ring. Check to make
sure the o-ring is in good condition.
17. Install the new oil filter. After the filter
contacts the crankcase surface, turn it 1/2
turn by hand.
18. Approximately 240 ml of engine oil will remain in the crankcase.
To drain, remove the drain plug on the lower right side of the crank-
Tip: The sealing surfaces on the drain plug and crankcase should be clean and
free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
19. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to specification.