Open as PDF
6. If carbon comes out of the
exhaust, cover or plug the exhaust
outlet. Wear protective gloves.
7. Lightly tap on the exhaust pipe
with a rubber mallet while repeat-
ing step 5.
8. If particles are still suspected to
be in the muffler, elevate the
rear of the vehicle 30 cm
higher than the front. Block the
9. Place the transmission in
PARK. Repeat steps 5 to 7 until
no more particles are expelled.
10. Stop the engine. Allow the arrester to cool.
11. Reinstall the arrester plug and remove the exhaust outlet cover or