Open as PDF
The front and rear brakes are hydraulic disc brakes, activated by apply-
ing the foot brake. The handlebar brake is also hydraulic. Both brake
systems are self-adjusting.
Perform the following checks to keep the brake systems in good operat-
ing condition. Check more often if brakes are used heavily under normal
1. Always keep brake fluid at an adequate
level. See page 82.
2. Check the brake systems regularly for
3. Check the brakes for excessive travel or
4. Check the friction pads for wear, damage
and looseness. Replace the pads when
the friction material is worn to 1 mm.
5. Check the security and surface condition
of the disc.