Open as PDF
Cleaning and Storage
Starting the engine during the storage period will disturb the protective film
created by fogging and damage could occur. Never start the engine during the
Clean the Exterior
Make any necessary repairs and clean the vehicle as recommended. See
Stabilize the Fuel
1. Fill the fuel tank.
2. Add POLARIS Carbon Clean Fuel Treatment or POLARIS Fuel
Stabilizer. Follow the instructions on the container for the recom-
mended amount. Carbon Clean removes water from fuel systems,
stabilizes fuel and removes carbon deposits from pistons, rings,
valves and exhaust systems.
3. Allow the engine to run for 15-20 minutes to allow the stabilizer to
disperse through the fuel tank and carburetor.
4. Turn the fuel valve off.
5. Drain the carburetor bowl.
Oil and Filter
Change the oil and filter. See page 71.
Air Filter / Air Box
1. Inspect and clean (or replace) the pre-cleaner and air filter.
2. Clean the air box.
3. Clean or replace the breather filter.
4. Drain the sediment tube.
Recoil Housing (if equipped)
1. Drain the recoil housing. See page 106.