Open as PDF
Driving Through Water
Follow these procedures when driving through water:
1. Check water depth and current before crossing.
2. Avoid operating in water deeper than the bottom of the footrests. If
it's unavoidable, travel slowly, balance your weight carefully and
avoid sudden movements. Maintain a slow and steady forward
motion. Do not make sudden turns, stops or throttle changes.
3. Choose a crossing where both banks have gradual inclines.
4. Drive slowly. Avoid rocks and obstacles.
5. Wet brakes may have reduced stopping ability. Always test your
brakes after leaving water. If necessary, apply them lightly several
times to allow friction to dry out the pads.