Open as PDF
Cleaning and Storage
Inspect the fluid levels. Change fluids as recommended in the Periodic
Maintenance Chart beginning on page 63.
• Demand drive unit (front gearcase)
• Rear gearcase (if equipped)
• Brake fluid (change every two years and any time the fluid looks dark
• Coolant (test strength/fill)
Fog the Engine
1. Treat the fuel system with POLARIS Carbon Clean. See page 116.
2. Remove the spark plug. Pour 30-45 ml of engine oil into the plug
3. Reinstall the spark plugs. Torque to specification.
4. Apply dielectric grease to the inside of each spark plug cap. Rein-
stall the caps.
5. Turn the engine over several times (using the recoil starter, if
equipped). Oil will be forced in and around the piston rings and ring
lands, coating the cylinder with a protective film of fresh oil.
6. If POLARIS fuel system additive is not used, the fuel tank, fuel
lines, and carburetor should be completely drained of gasoline.
7. To eliminate any fuel remaining in the carburetor, run the engine
until it stops.