Open as PDF
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Remove the seat.
3. Disconnect the battery hold-down strap.
4. Remove the battery cover (if equipped).
5. On conventional batteries, remove the battery vent tube.
6. Disconnect the black (negative) battery cable first.
7. Disconnect the red (positive) battery cable last.
8. Lift the battery out of the vehicle. Be careful not to tip a conven-
tional battery sideways, which could spill electrolyte.
NOTICE: If electrolyte spills, immediately wash it off with a solution of one
tablespoon baking soda and one cup water to prevent damage to the